RE: [DotGNU]RE: Patch for Review: Fix Some TextBox Issues for Single-Li

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]RE: Patch for Review: Fix Some TextBox Issues for Single-Linefeed Lines
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:45:43 -0400

we need to be able to take an app that runs on windows and without even recompiling, run it on linux. We can do that today but without any gui. ms compatibility is useful.
I do understand what you are saying - and i agree with the goal. The issue is when a user hits enter and we insert it into the text, what do we insert it as? crlf, cr, lfcr? we could end up with a mixture thats a mess.
i think we should stick to ms standard in the textbox - if we are to meet our goals.
It would be simple to customise textreader or something to make it easier to be compatible later.
Rhys?