Re: [DotGNU]Re: Imcomplete System.Drawing.Xsharp.DrawingWindow.MapKey(Ke

From: Mohan Embar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Imcomplete System.Drawing.Xsharp.DrawingWindow.MapKey(KeyName)?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:59:01 -0500

Hi Rhys,

>I don't see why you would need this functionality for TextBox.  Use
>KeyDown/KeyUp for special keys like arrows, and use KeyPress for regular text
>characters, including those with accents.  The X code should already be
>taking care of the conversion (it is isn't, then that is a bug in Xsharp, not
>in the Winforms code).

When I wrote this, I was thinking of the special characters [Ctrl+C] (copy),
[Ctrl+X] (paste), etc. which TextBoxes need to support. Putting these in the
KeyDown handler would allow me to consolidate all such special characters
into one method instead of dispersing the logic in KeyDown and KeyPress
handlers.

I could also easily test for these characters in KeyPress too, however.