Re: [DotGNU]Dists on http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu/pnet/debian/

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Dists on http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu/pnet/debian/
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:15:54 +1000

On Monday 04 August 2003 01:47 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> What is up with the gnu mirror?
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu/pnet/debian/pnet_0.5.10-1_i386.changes.back-R
>SN.README
>

> The following files are not available because their authenticity is
> being
> confirmed.  We expect to have them uploaded Real Soon Now (RSN).
>
> gnu/GNUsBulletins/9803/bull24.dvi

The GNU ftp site was recently cracked.  They are in the process of going
through all their files to confirm that they haven't been altered.  It should
be resolved in a few days.

Anyone who uploads to the GNU ftp site (e.g. ajmitch, nb) should contact the
site maintainer for instructions if you haven't received them already, and to
help them ensure the integrity of DotGNU-related files.

P.S. I keep every pnet release in an isolated area on my systems, securely
behind my firewall, so if anyone needs a signed checksum of an older .tar.gz
release (going all the way back to pnet 0.0.3), then let me know.