Re: [DotGNU]AppDomain concept

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]AppDomain concept
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:22:37 +0100

On Friday 08 Aug 2003 10:47, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> Inside the runtime engine, a set of threads (ILExecThread objects) is
> grouped together into a "process" (ILExecProcess).  Theoretically, it
> should be possible to create multiple ILExecProcess objects, one per
> domain.

I've been wondering how we would do this from within the dgee, because
obviously we'll have to.  ie do we implement it as multiple ILExecProcess
objects within the same pnetVM.  Off the top of my head I can't remember what
the interaction between appdomains is (apart from the fact that they share
the same app state).

I'd like to be able to define/describe/document the appdomain model and then
see how it may be implemented to make best use of available technology...
etc.

Cheers
Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.