Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU user newbie

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU user newbie
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Laurentiu Matei <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm not quite confortable with posting my questions here as I am a
> newbie DotGNU user and not a developer, but I did not find a user
> discussion list (can you recommend me one?).

That never stopped me from making a fool of myself :)

> 2. I was looking for a DotGNU web service tutorial but I can't find
> one.
> Can you recommend me one? If there is not such a thing I will try to
> write one while learning, but I would appreciate any information
> source
> available.

I have put my article/tutorial on hold. If you want to work with me on
it, that would be cool : You can find some examples webservices here :
http://demo.dotgnu.org/~mdupont/

in fact, send you ssh public key to address@hidden and request to get a
developers account on demo.dotgnu.org

> 3. I need a standard way to handle authentication & access control. I
>
> was looking at SAML and XACML. What are my options with DotGNU?

Right now, non lots of vapor.  MDS is working on some stuff right now.
Do you have any experince with SAML and XACML?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/