Re: [DotGNU]X11 support on Mac OS/X

From: Andrew Troelsen
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]X11 support on Mac OS/X
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:02:47 -0500

Hey there Oscar. The problem you are having pestered me for over 2 weeks. Here is the way I finally got it to work on my Mac:

-> First, the posted binaries (pnetlib in particular) have a problem in that they do not generate the correct file extension for the Mac OS (*.dylib). So, delete those from your machine and instead download the CVS files (I downloaded the whole directory) where this issue has been fixed. If you are not sure how to run CVS, pop me an e-mail and I'll help!

-> Next, the directories for treecc, pnetlib and pnet don't have the 'configure' files, so you need to first run the auto_gen.sh script in each directory. This generates configure, so at this point simply ./configure, make, make install.

-> Finally (as you already may know) be sure you execute XDarwin (rootless or full screen) before trying to run any of the Windows Forms examples. Although non-GUI C# apps run outside of XDarwin (e.g. at the Mac Terminal), the GUI apps do not.

-> Finally (finally) be aware that the XHello.exe app does not work yet (at all) as there needs to be some work to host the image file. However all the other GUI examples in the pnetlib/Samples folder do!

Hope this helps you out.  let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Andrew Troelsen