Re: [DotGNU]Signatures and invoking methods

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Signatures and invoking methods
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:48:38 +1000

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 08:28 am, Chris Smith wrote:

> I wonder if it is because DGEE_run is an inherited method... however,
> adding

I just tried it here with a hacked up version of ilrun that used your supplied
lookup code, and it worked fine.  The "ILExecThreadLookupMethod" function
does scan up the hierarchy, although relying upon this behaviour probably
isn't wise for the future.

Are you sure that you're calling the lookup after the image has been loaded,
and not before by accident?  Or perhaps the library with the "DGEE_run"
method isn't getting linked in for some reason?

> Is there a way of generating the "([oSystem.String....." etc signature
> given a method prototype without having to do it by hand (and potentially
> getting it wrong)?

The "dumpLookupType" function in "pnet/ilnative/ilinternal.c" takes care of it
for the internalcall table.  You'd need something similar to that.