Re: [DotGNU]Mac OS X Portable.net

From: Ian Fung
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mac OS X Portable.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:24:35 -0500

> I used terminal (right I have to do this?) and moved to the bin
> directory and tried to execute ilrun.
>

> I just keep getting command not found.
>

> When I browse to the filder Mac OS X just thinks that ilrun is a
> document. Argg really sorry for this.

i havent tried the dmg file and i guess i can't because i dont have a mac
anymore =(. anywho, ilrun is an executable file. well, it should be anyways.
so the most common thing to do is put it in your path. its a unix thing. type
"echo $PATH" to see the directories that are in your search path. if you try
to run something such as ilrun from the command line, it'll look through
these directories to try to find it. the other thing you can do is navigate
into the directory where ilrun resides. for specifically tell it to run the
ilrun in that current directory without looking in the others. from the
directory, you can type "./ilrun".

btw, where does the dmg install ilrun? is it in /usr/local/bin ?