Re: [DotGNU] Window transparency

From: Rich Baumann
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Window transparency
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:03:58 -0500

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 19:11 +0300, Andrew Revvo wrote:
> I would like to get GUI window transparency,
> based on regions or alpha color mask (like in Windows 2000/XP)
> on Windows, Linux and MacOS from PNET code.
>
> How can I do it?

The current backends for System.Drawing don't support transparency,
however for operations using fully transparent colors, as a workaround,
the operations are simply ignored. Winforms controls which have
transparent backgrounds should work, however semi-transparent
backgrounds will be treated as fully transparent. I'm currently working
on a redesign of the backends so that full alpha compositing operations,
along with other currently unsupported features, are supported. This
work requires some rather extensive changes throughout our
System.Drawing code but it should be in pnetlib cvs within the next few
weeks.

Rich