dotgnu-libjit

[Libjit-developers] Just-In-Time Compiler News

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: [Libjit-developers] Just-In-Time Compiler News
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 02:09:35 +0400

Hello All!

We are proud to announce that  the JIT runs its first real-world
Windows.Forms programs. It is a very important milestone for us.

The obligatory screenshots are at:
http://maybe.dotgnu.info:8000/~krokas/screenshots/

Everyone can try the JIT himself. You will need to download
the latest cvs snapshots from the repository with "cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/dotgnu-pnet co ."
and setup the patch at
"http://maybe.dotgnu.info:8000/~krokas/pnet_2006_06_25/"; .

The Just-In-Time Compiler is known to work on my Debian GNU/Linux  box
with the gcc-3.4 compiler installed. The gcc-3.3 has some very dirty
bugs with exceptions handling and stacktrace.  If gcc-3.3 is your
default compiler, as for example on my Debian GNU/Linux box, you will
need to install the gcc-3.4 package, "export CC=gcc-3.4"and "export CFLAGS =-O2
-fexceptions".

Then perform the next steps one at a time to compile the JIT:

1. Compile the libJIT library in the /libjit directory with
"./auto_gen.sh && ./configure --enable-new-reg-alloc && make all". Then
'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path to your cvs repo/libjit/jit/.libs'.

2. Compile the JIT engine in the /pnet directory with ".auto_gen.sh &&
./configure --with-jit && make all".

P.S. If you would like to join the development team of the JIT and the
libJIT library -- you are always welcome. You can help a lot by testing
the JIT on your box, tunning the JIT, reporting bugs and problems.

Kirill