dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Libjit-developers] libjit and AMD64

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: Re: [Libjit-developers] libjit and AMD64
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:13:23 +0200

Gopal V wrote:
Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

I thought that some work has already started on AMD64, but the only file I can find (related to AMD64) in the latest CVS of libjit is libjit/jit/jit-apply-x86-64.h

That is nearly the first step which needs work. Basically, getting
the interpreter working on amd64 involves fixing the amd64 jit apply,
so that functions can be called (somewhat like what libffi or ffcall
does).

It is quite strange that the only way of generating machine code on AMD64 seems to be LLVM http://llvm.org/ apparently the GNU lightning 1.2b port is not fully complete....

Actually, pnet CVM's (i.e old engine) has a fair bit of x86_64 native
code generation.

http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/viewvc/dotgnu-pnet/pnet/engine/md_amd64.h?revision=1.5&view=markup

Maybe I could start from GNU lightning 1.2b http://www.nabble.com/lightning-1.2b-released-t3142354.html
which also contains AMD64 support. I don't propmise anything yet....

I hope that my email was not removed from the subscriber list. Since I switched hosting company for my domain starynkevitch.net my email might have some trouble but is now working ok. If it fails, you might contact me on bstarynk at nerim dot net also but the basile at starynkevitch dot net email is much prefered.