dotgnu-libjit

[Libjit-developers] how to access struct members?

From: Paul Brannan
Subject: [Libjit-developers] how to access struct members?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:07:59 -0400

I have created a struct with jit_type_create_struct and I want to store
a value in one of the members of the struct.  I can get the address of
the struct and use jit_insn_store_relative to write to the struct, but
this seems to occur extra overhead that I don't want.

My workaround is store store all my struct members in values and then if
I ever need to take the address of the struct, copy all the values into
the struct one by one.  This seems somewhat like a hack to me, though.

Is there a better way to access struct members, one that automatically
determines whether the struct members can be stored in registers,
depending on whether the struct is addressable?

Thanks,

Paul