dotgnu-libjit

[Libjit-developers] Re: [Pnet-developers] libjit licensing

From: Aleksey Demakov
Subject: [Libjit-developers] Re: [Pnet-developers] libjit licensing
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 01:20:56 +0600

On Jan 4, 2008 1:08 AM, Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> wrote:
> Aleksey Demakov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > So I would like to relicense libjit under LGPL v2 for the 0.1.2 release
> > As far as I remember the last time we discussed it all the major
> > contributors has already agreed on LGPL v2. Are there any abjections
> > to this now?
>
> While I think that LGPL is a good choice of license, I think that
> "LGPL v2 or later" is a better choice than "LGPL v2".
>
> Or is there a spcific reason against choosing "LGPL v2 or later"?

I personally have nothing against the "LGPL v2 or later" wording.

But unfortunately when we discussed it we referred to it just
as "LGPL" without further specifics. For instance:

http://dotgnu.org/pipermail/libjit-developers/2007-February/000089.html

At that time v3 was not ready yet so I think it is a safe bet that
when we all were saying "LGPL" we all meant LGPL v2.

Currently if it is possible to reach Rhys and others again and
we will be able to agree on this issue then it would be fine with
me. But at the moment I think I am able to interpret our old
agreement only in a conservative way - that is only the version
that existed at that time.

Regards,
Aleksey