dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Sign/zero extension on byte/short native call return

From: Aleksey Demakov
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Sign/zero extension on byte/short native call return values [was: How to check the value of a boolean variable].
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:35:45 +0700

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM, GARCIA DE SORIA LUCENA, JUAN JESUS
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The other option, the one I've implemented in the attached patch, is to
> always extend the values returned from jit_insn_call_native() when the
> returned type is {S,U}BYTE or {,U}SHORT. I've tested it and it works with my
> test case, producing this machine code:

Makes sense for me.

> As a more general question, I'd like to know how the coordination of
> development happens for libjit. Is this list the only development forum? Are
> there any other coordination or planning means, like an IRC channel? How does
> one become an active participant in the development of libjit?

For the last 2 years I was coordinating the libjit development, but now
I do not have much time for this. I'm pondering if I should hand it over
to Klaus Treichel as he was more active than me recently.

There is #DotGNU channel on freenode where you could find Klaus and
occasionally me.

Regards,
Aleksey