dotgnu-libjit

[Dotgnu-libjit] dotgnu status for rms

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: [Dotgnu-libjit] dotgnu status for rms
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:12:26 +0300

Hello Richard and Karl

> rms asks for a brief summary of dotgnu components status; please see
> below.  (I forwarded him the mail that Klaus and Kirill sent me.  BTW,
> should Kirill be on the dotgnu-sc list?)

Unfortunately the dotgnu-sc mail list is over spammed (
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/ ) so I am -not-
subscribed to it.

> Also, see location question for possible conference attendance.
> I imagine conference locations could also be a factor.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl
>

> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:25:16 -0400
> From: Richard M Stallman <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden (Karl Berry)
>
>    Below is what the active DotGNU'ers told me.
>
> It is hard for me to understand what it adds up to.
> Can you make a list of the DotGNU components that are usable, or are
> being actively developed, and briefly (in up to 3 lines) what they do?

I have written back in 2006 a paper on DotGNU, and I described in this
paper components of DotGNU like I understood them then. It has been
translated to various languages. There is a link to the Spanish
version: http://www.procodigo.com/art3_Conociendo_dotGNU.htm

This is an introduction and rational to libJIT:
http://www.gnu.org/software/dotgnu/libjit-doc/libjit_1.html#SEC1

>      Kirill suggests that going
>    to conferences could be very valuable.  Is there any possibility of the
>    FSF funding that?
>
> It depends where he lives.  Where is that?

I live in the Eastern Europe, but geography is not an issue in this
case. I am ready to pay for the air tickets and transportation for a
worthy conference, but unfortunately I cannot afford conferences fees
and housing.

Also if there is just one thing that is possible to do for dotgnu and
its parts, this project need someone whose native language is English
to help with texts with good style, sense, and grammar. I want to
point that although this looks like an easy task from first
impression, this is not an easy task.

P.S. Sorry for the previous bogus email.

Thanks,
Kirill