Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2765] CSCC - getting mixed up with namspaces

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2765] CSCC - getting mixed up with namspaces
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:10:59 -0800 (PST)

> Cscc is behaving correctly.

This is strange.
Why is this correct, Is it not possible to have a two namespaces like :

DotGNU.Linux.Filesystems.Ext2
DotGNU.Windows.Filesystems.FAT32

Class 1 :
Test.testclass
Class 2 :
Test3.Test4.testclass3
Class 3 :
Test2.Test.testclass2
Class 3.Member 1 :
>                       public extern Test.testclass get_getClass( );
Error :
> //test3.cs:24: `testclass' is not a member of the namespace
> `Test2.Test'

How can I add address class 1 as the return type of Class3.Member1
there must be a way to do that?

The code in SharpDevelop has this behaviour exactly.
Many classes have similar namespaces trees with different roots.

mike

--- address@hidden wrote:

> =================== BUG #2765: LATEST MODIFICATIONS
> ==================
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2765&group_id=353
>
> Changes by: Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed 03/19/03 at 06:43 (GMT)
>
>             What     | Removed                   | Added

>           Resolution | None                      | Invalid
>               Status | Open                      | Closed
>

> ------------------ Additional Follow-up Comments
> ----------------------------
> The following error is reported by csc:
>
> mdupont.cs(24,20): error CS0234: The type or namespace
> name 'testclass' does not exist in the class or namespace
> 'Test2.Test' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
>
> Cscc is behaving correctly.
>

> =================== BUG #2765: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
>

> Submitted by: mdupont                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
>
> Submitted on: Sun 03/09/03 at 23:24
> Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
>
> Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  Invalid
>
> Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed

> Original Submission:  it seems that you cannot defined Test as a
> toplevelnamespace
> and as a sub namespace. cscc gets all confused.
> //test3.cs:24: `testclass' is not a member of the namespace
> `Test2.Test'
> //test3.cs:24: invalid type specification `Test.testclass'
>
> ---------------------------
> using  Test;
> namespace Test
> {
>       public class testclass {
>       }
> }
>
> // No problem here
> namespace Test3{
>       namespace Test4{
>               public abstract class testclass3 {
>
>                       testclass a;
>
>                       public extern Test.testclass get_getClass( );
>               }
>       }
> }
>
> // problem here
> namespace Test2{
>       namespace Test{
>               public abstract class testclass2 {
>                       public extern Test.testclass get_getClass( );
>
> //test3.cs:24: `testclass' is not a member of the namespace
> `Test2.Test'
> //test3.cs:24: invalid type specification `Test.testclass'
>                       }
>       }
> }
>
> Follow-up Comments

> Date: Wed 03/19/03 at 06:43         By: rweather
> The following error is reported by csc:
>
> mdupont.cs(24,20): error CS0234: The type or namespace
> name 'testclass' does not exist in the class or namespace
> 'Test2.Test' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

> [...]

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/