Re: [Pnet-developers] Updated I18N

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Updated I18N
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:28:44 +1000

On Monday 02 June 2003 10:55 pm, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> > [en-US]: English (United States): Monday, June 2, 2003 2:58:05 PM +10
> > [id-ID]: Indonesian (Indonesia): Senin 02 Juni 2003 2:58:05 PM
>
> Why is there no timezone indication in Indonesian?

Because the locale rules for Indonesian say that the "full" time format
shouldn't include it.  Different countries have different time formatting
requirements.  Some of them include AM/PM or timezone indicators, and others
don't.  Indonesian is one the ones that doesn't include the timezone.

I bulk-converted the IBM ICU locale definition files.  Any oddities in time
formatting are purely IBM's fault, not mine. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.