Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4535] mscorlib value types being marked as r

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4535] mscorlib value types being marked as regular classes
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:57:40 +0530

If memory serves me right, address@hidden wrote:
> I found this bug because mcs.exe is failing to verify, because of an
> initobj on System.Char. The IsCPPointer check in the INITOBJ case in
> verify_obj.c is failing because the ILType_FromValueType on classInfo
> is returning what appears to be garbage.

Ok, point #1 -- use cscc to compile MCS

$ make BOOTSTRAP_MCS=cscc

should do that ... (but remember to make clean before this, and ignore
the jay reduce-reduce error)

point #2 -- ILType_FromValueType on an ILClass* ? ... I think I've
fixed that issue by replacing it with an ILClassToType, which does
handle primitive conversions (System.Char => char) ...

> The runtime engine, which does load the dependencies,
> will resolve the type, discover that it inherits from the
> System.ValueType class, and then "know" that it is a
> value type.

I have added "ildasm --resolve-all" to solve this :)

There was nothing good on TV ... and I had run into this issue
sometime ago .. also it was a oneliner ..

Gopal