Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4694] Possible BUG [PNET][PNET/C] cannot dec

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4694] Possible BUG [PNET][PNET/C] cannot declare a function returning a function
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:41:27 +1000

On Friday 03 October 2003 12:51 pm, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> That has a different meaning.  The former declares `foo' as a function.
> The latter declares `foo' as a pointer to a function.

Either way, I'm not going to change cscc until someone presents some hard
evidence that this came from real code and that it wasn't fabricated by
mdupont to "punish" me for banning him from pnet a few days before he
submitted that bug report.  Once the evidence is supplied, I can evaluate
what the correct interpretation should be.

Anyone who writes code that way should be shot, pure and simple.  Typedef is
your friend. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.