Re: [Pnet-developers] Platform Independent Directory Separators

From: WC Jones
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Platform Independent Directory Separators
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:12:38 -0500 (EST)

>XHello.cs is a good candidate.

>The actual output:
>./XHello.cs:30: warning: unknown escape sequence `\d'
>Leaving target `all' for project `samples'
>Ending project `samples'
>bash-2.05$ ilrun XHello.exe
>Uncaught exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
>"imagesdotgnu-logo.bmp"
>Filename: imagesdotgnu-logo.bmp
>       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String, FileMode, FileAccess, FileShare,
> Int32, Boolean) in ./System/IO/FileStream.cs
>       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String, FileMode, FileAccess)
>       at DotGNU.Images.Image.Load(String) in ./Image.cs
>       at Xsharp.Image..ctor(Screen, String) in ./Image.cs
>       at Xsharp.Image..ctor(String)
>       at XHello.Main(String[]) in ./XHello.cs

I apologize for following up to my own post - BUT ...

I am testing code generated and COMPILED on WinXP source and executed on
Solaris 9 Ultrasparc.

So, the question still remainds.

Do DOS/Non-Unix paths get translated by the ilrun system on the execution
platform or must that be accounted for during coding and compiling on the
source
platform?

Thx/Bill