[Pnet-developers] A Look into XmlTextWriter

From: Adam Ballai
Subject: [Pnet-developers] A Look into XmlTextWriter
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:48:16 -0700

I'm doing a revamp of the writer because it lacks in many areas.  Found some
peculiar bugs and fixed a couple get to jabber.net going.  One thing that
breaks my brain is why there is a check to see if a prefix exists for a
namespaceURI and if it doesn't exist it creates a pseudo prefix ie: n1.  This
behavior seems to go against my thinking... If prefix == null/string.empty &&
namespaceURI exists add an attribute without a prefix declaration, ala

<node xmlns="my:namespace" />  instead of <n1:node xmlns="my:namespace" />

Is this pseudoprefix stuff in the writer there for any productive reasons?

I have a patch to change this behavior I will commit if no one objects.

--
http://www.adamballai.com
http://www.thefrontnetworks.net