[Pnet-developers] [bugs #4934] Array index referencing broken in C

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #4934] Array index referencing broken in C
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:17:28 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #4934] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Sun 02/15/04 at 06:17 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Fix committed to CVS - 15 Feb 2004

[bugs #4934] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Mario D. Santana
On: Sat 08/23/03 at 06:05

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  On MacOS X.2.6, the following code sample (which is fine
with gcc) compiles but spews the following from ilrun:

<Module>::main [206A] - stind.i at verify_ptr.c:322
Uncaught exception: System.Security.VerificationException: Could not verify the
code
        at <Module>..start(String[])

I came across this while trying to narrow down another problem I was having,
where it seems that pnet thinks that pointers on a 32-bit system are 8 (or 16?)
bytes wide.  I didn't get far towards understanding this problem because the
present bug came up.  (Of course, the present bug may *be* this problem, but I
thought I'd mention it anyway.)

Follow-up Comments