Re: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #9266] German umlauts and german sz are not

From: Stefan Lang
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #9266] German umlauts and german sz are not displayed
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:01:14 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2004 15:05 schrieb Erik Pfeifle:

> Submitted by: Erik Pfeifle
> On: Wed 06/09/04 at 13:04

> When compiling the source file (TestGermanUmlaut.cs) with pnet's cscc, it
> seams like the compiler removes the umlauts, because there are the
> following warnings : invalid UTF-8 sequence,..., see

> I think it is a bug if for displaying unicode text the appropriate locale
> must be set.

The source file isn't encoded in Unicode (e.g. UTF-8). The ECMA standard
requires C# source files to be encoded in Unicode.
The local encoding on my machine is set to UTF-8 and cscc gives the same
warnings, but the umlauts are displayed correct.
And if I change the encoding of the source file to UTF-8, it compiles
without warnings and displays correct.