Re: [Pnet-developers] some questions for version 0.6.6

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] some questions for version 0.6.6
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:54:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> I'm new to dotGNU and I'm very impressed about the
> current state of the
> Windows.Forms implementation and maybe at some point
> I can help implementing some stuff.

> I installed on Linux (RedHat9) and on Windows XP
> (from the binary Setup
> package via Windows installer), and have some
> differences in the (forms)
> samples:

The forms are implemented with different graphical
backend (as in Xsharp or Win32) the Win32 one is a
little behind , especially since Neil went awol :)

> -          WIN-XP: the Window is not resizeable (on
> Linux it is)

Hmm.. Strangely I got a couple of patches from Neil
today .. let me apply them and see.

> -          WIN-XP: Drop-Down Menu's do not
> drop-down, means the menu items
> are not visible

Will have a look at that .

> -          WIN-XP: the ImageViewer sample is not
> working, gives
> NullPointerException in CreateHandle()

MDI is not implemented for Win32 :(

> BTW, where can I find the 'Portable Studio IDE' ???
> looks nice...

Read
http://dotgnu.org/pipermail/developers/2004-March/011991.html
:)