[Pnet-developers] [bugs #9196] Layout of docked Controls not allways ini

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #9196] Layout of docked Controls not allways initialized

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #9196] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Gopal.V <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Wed 06/16/2004 at 15:32 (Asia/Calcutta)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Fixed in CVS 16ht June 2004

[bugs #9196] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Ansgar Lampe
On: Wed 06/02/2004 at 21:18

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  The layout of docked Controls is not allways initialized
on dotGNU. My attached testcase shows the problem: Initially the Form shows in
the lower left part only part of the layout... all layout is only shown after
moving the horizontal Splitter.

As far as I found out till now, the Reason is that the Controls Handle is not
yet created when the Child-Controls are added (whose handles don't exist as
well). This causes on the one hand the Parent-Controls ControlCollections Add
(Control) method, not to PerformLayout (on one of the last code lines before
end of that function). On the other hand it stops the LayoutProcess at the
beginning, because PerformLayout returns immidiately because IsHandleCreated
returns false.

For my understanding of the Control-Class code is not too good, I only suggest
two ways to patch the problem and you may decide whether any of them is at
least acceptable (both are extremely easy).

1. add a 'PerformLayout();' to OnHandleCreated (to line 4602)

2. remove both mentioned 'IsHandleCreated'-tests (lines 5450 and 2553) (which I
don't really understand anyway)

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 06/16/2004 at 15:32       By: t3rmin4t0r
Fixed in CVS 16ht June 2004

File Attachments

Date: Wed 06/02/2004 at 21:18  Name: testcase.cs  Size: 4KB   By: zaldron
Move horizontal Splitter to see the wonder happen
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=9196&amp;item_file_id=1366

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9196>

  Message sent via/by Savannah