[Pnet-developers] Question about pnetc access to Xwindows

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Question about pnetc access to Xwindows
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:47:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have restarted my effort to port the vcg graph layout tool to pnet
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vcgdotgnu) and be able to run the
graph layout engine and display with the xwindows. I hope to be able to
use the great controls you have been working on to make nice C# driven
GUIS for this tool.

Currently I am able to compile now all the source from the project,
including the access to the xwindows system after patching the compiler
as described here (
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=11068)

Now, the problem is linking :

When I compile the code that calls X from c, it produces a call like
this :

call       valuetype _XDisplay * '<ModuleExtern>'::XOpenDisplay(int8
modopt([OpenSystem.C]OpenSystem.C.IsConst) *)

But the code in the  libXSharp has the following bindings :
.namespace Xsharp {.method public static hidebysig pinvokeimpl("X11"
cdecl ) native int XOpenDisplay(class System.String display_name) cil
managed {}}

I have taken that to produces a new .Il Binding like this :
.namespace '<ModuleExtern>'{
        .method public static hidebysig pinvokeimpl("X11" cdecl ) valuetype
_XDisplay *     XOpenDisplay(
                int8 modopt([OpenSystem.C]OpenSystem.C.IsConst) *
                )  cil managed {}
}

That is able to link.

I would like to know if this is right way to proceed, and If so, I will
create Il bindings for all the needed X windows functions.

thanks,
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont