[Pnet-developers] Parsing of cscc arguments in csc-compatibility mode

From: Marcus
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Parsing of cscc arguments in csc-compatibility mode
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:34:48 -0600

I just noticed some unexpected behavior of cscc. It appears that once cscc
detects any csc-style arguments, it parses all arguments -- even GCC-style
arguments -- in case insensitive mode. For example,

cscc -o test.exe -O2 -nowarn:0679  test.cs

actually creates an executable called "2" because the "-O2" is interpreted as
"-o2". While debugging another app, I noticed that a file named "2" cropped
up in my current directory, and it took me a few minutes to realize what had
happened.

My suggestion would be to make cscc parse GCC-style in a case-sensitive manner
even when some of the other arguments are in csc's format.