Re: [Pnet-developers] Problems to build ml-pnet 0.6.12 on FreeBSD 5.x -

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Problems to build ml-pnet 0.6.12 on FreeBSD 5.x - cscc: argument list too long
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:26:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> I was trying to compile pnet programs on FreeBSD
> 5.x, but when I try
> to compile ml-pnet I got the following error:
>
> /usr/local/bin/cscc: Argument list too long
`/usr/home/renato/ports3/lang/ml-pnet/work/ml-pnet-0.6.12/class'
> gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Somebody could help me to fix this?

It's been bugging for so long, but the problem is
in pnet/support.c . Cscc does its own argument
expand internally - the only thing that's needed is
generating the response file.

Internally cscc will read from a file given as
'@files.list' . The only thing needed is to
detect the error (or predict it) and write out
a file with the list of the args. (the win32 code
does this).

Can you try patching this yourself ?. I will
take a bit of time to get to this.. (I'm t3rmin4t0r
on IRC, ask me if you have any questions).

Gopal