[Pnet-developers] [bug #14163] TreeView does not raise Click and DoubleC

From: Radek Polak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bug #14163] TreeView does not raise Click and DoubleClick events
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:35:20 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #14163 (project dotgnu-pnet):

Here is patch fixing this bug. Problem is that TreeView is overriding
ToolkitMouseDown method, which in parent class (Control) raises Click and
DoubleClick. TreeView forgets to do this.

According to specifications it should raise these events only when cursor is
above a node - and this is exactly what this patch does.

On MouseDown we check if we deal with click or double click. In ProcessClick
method when called from MouseUp we fire Click/DoubleClick event when we come
to selected node.

Note: another solution could be to use Control.flags variable and set
NotifyClick/NotifyDoubleClick, but we cant do it now, because it's private.
Also  ControlFlags enum and SetControlFlag method should be changed to
internal, so that it can be called from TreeView. However this solution looks
better then the one in my patch, because it saves one variable and fits more
system. I will take a look at it later.

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: TreeView_Click.patch           Size:3 KB

<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=14163&item_file_id=2836>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14163>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/