[Pnet-developers] New debugger is in CVS

From: Radek Polak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] New debugger is in CVS
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:04:59 +0200

Hi All,
new debugger is now in pnet CVS. If you want to try it out here is what you should do:

1/ Update your pnet sources from CVS

2/ recompile pnet
cd /home/radek/pnet/pnet
./auto_gen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debugger
make
sudo make install

3/ test it in PortableStudio (you should have vim on installed)
wget http://download.gna.org/libide/PortableStudio-0.1.tar.bz2
unpack
cd /home/radek/pnet/studio
make
ilrun PortableStudio.exe
File->Open->some.exe compiled with debug info e.g. /home/radek/pnet/pnetlib/samples/developers/Developers.exe
hit the Debug button

3b/ there is low level frontend for debugger. It's useful for "debugging the debugger"
cd /home/radek/pnet/studio/service_console/
ilrun ServiceConsole.exe 4571

in second terminal do:
cd /home/radek/pnet/pnetlib/samples/developers/
ilrun -G Developers.exe
switch to ServiceConsole and type debugger commands - help command shows you more.

Debugger is by default disabled so you need --with-debugger configure option. It is because of compiler error with some other profiles then full. I was trying to fix this problem (see include/il_debugger.h line 28), but it was not working. Anbody could help me with that, please?

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know. I am on mail and IRC.

Radek