[Dotgnu-pnet] Re: Fwd: Error during compilation Pnet-0.8.0

From: Klaus Treichel
Subject: [Dotgnu-pnet] Re: Fwd: Error during compilation Pnet-0.8.0
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:58:37 +0200

Hi Vasily,

> Hi, Klaus!
>
> Good news! I just build all three packages at Fedora 11 on x86 USING
> FLAG "--disable-optimizations" for "./configure". Makefile attached.
>
> I think, this case have to be noticed somewhere.
>

> --
> Sincerely Yours,
> Vasily Eremenko
>
> My web-page: http://davimas.name
> My Jabber: address@hidden

i didn't try gcc 4.4 yet.

The register allocation failure might be a bug in gcc if it gets short on
registers when there are lots of register variables in the function.
With disabling optimizations the function is not inlined so the bug doesn't
happen.

A workaround would be to define a wrapper function for x86 that is not inlined
around the ILInterlocked functions for the cvm interpreter like the ones for
memcpy, ....

Is there someone who can try to build current pnet (from GIT) with gcc 4.4 on
x86?

I have only gcc 4.3 on my boxes at the moment.

Cheers,

Klaus