dotgnu-sc

[Dotgnu-sc] E-mail blackout over

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: [Dotgnu-sc] E-mail blackout over
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:48:08 -0400

Hello everyone,

        Just a status update.  Over the past week, I have been
migrating my files to a new PC that I just bought and off of my mother's
PC.  She is moving to Arizona, so my time has been split between helping
her out and trying to get the new PC up and running.  Anyway, now I'm
living in the world of GigaHerz - pretty fast...

Anyway, I still have to run MS Windows for work (our citrix server has
been modified and will only work remotely on a MS Windows box.  I did
not pay Microsoft for this copy - it was supplied by my work because we
have old win98 licenses that are not being used and, really, they're the
reason why I have to run it anyway.  But, besides that - I'd have to run
it temporarily anyway.  I just got GNU/Linux on this system the other
night and I've had some trouble with it.  First, it was a corrupted LILO
boot record.  Second, it was bad symbols and other Red Hat 7.3
funkyness.  Next, it was my new 3c905c NIC not being recognized by the
Red Hat kernel.  (I'd used GNU/Linux with a 3c905c NIC in a prior work
environment - so I know they used to work.)  I'm working on that - I'm
going to try to build the 3com driver...

Concurrently, I couldn't telnet into sdf because they were having one of
their periodic outages.  The other day, I got access to sdf back, and
now I'm in gnu.org with cygwin (I got my ssh keys into the cygwin
environ).

Anyway - three cheers for the rightful return of our domain. :)

Second, I'm still not getting any mail from the lists.

Third, Tim Rue needs a major attitude adjustment.  His attacks are
foolish and he has not even once in the course of this "discussion" (I
caught up in the archives) truly responded to an actual message.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Tim Rue is Martin Coxall - from
something he said in a message.  He attacked Norbert without having been
attacked and then stated that Norbert could not get him in his "next
incarnation".  This strikes me as very similar to something that Coxall
said to us with our last altercation and Coxall is not too low to stoop
to using false identification in his attacks.

I will do what I can.

        -Barry