dotgnu-sc

[Dotgnu-sc] Re: .Net replacement

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [Dotgnu-sc] Re: .Net replacement
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:39:06 +0200

Hello Dana,
  and great to hear from you!  While I have initially been extremely
active in DotGNU, I have in recent months been forced (by a personal
shortage of money :-) to focus almost exclusively on my own business.
I'm planning to become much more active again soon, but for now I
believe it'd be best for you to speak with these three members of the
DotGNU Steering Committee:

Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
David Sugar <address@hidden>
Bradley M. Kuhn <address@hidden>

Rhys is currently the strongest technological leader, and by far the
most active code writer - many people find it hard to believe how a
single person can write so much quality code so fast.  David
(chairman of our Steering Committee) and Bradley (Vice President of
the Free Software Foundation) are good people to speak with on general
matters of why we absolutely must have a need a Free Software
replacement for .Net and the general strategy of DotGNU and the GNU
project as a whole.

By the way, please make sure that you refer to our work as "Free
Software", not "open-source".  ("open-source" is a term used by those
who disagree with the basic principles of the GNU project, to which
we are committed.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/