dotgnu-sc

[Dotgnu-sc] Re: dotgnu status for rms?

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [Dotgnu-sc] Re: dotgnu status for rms?
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:56:59 +0100 (CET)

address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:

> Sure.  If you can send me the names of the lists, their subscribers, and
> their .mbox archives, I can import them onto lists.gnu.org easily enough.

Cool, thanks!

See below for a discussion of list names.  It looks like the new lists
for this move have already been created.

Concerning subscriber and mbox archive data:
Since it's more data than what I'd comfortably send by email,
I've put it up at http://bollow.ch/dotgnu-lists.tgz
The files have already been renamed to reflect the new list
names on gnu.org

I'll remove the file after you've told me that you got it
successfully.

> By the way, there are a lot of dotgnu lists on gnu.org already ... (not
> all related to "core" DotGNU, I realize).  I'll append the list.

>  bug-dotgnu-forum

Can be deleted (the "DotGNU Forum" project never really got started).

>  bug-dotgnu-libs

Can be deleted (nothing of significance happened there, either).

Replaces the current address@hidden list.

>  dotgnu-auth

Can be closed down (i.e. it's better if no mail aliases for the list
exist), but the archives from back when the address@hidden list was
sctive should be preserved.

>  dotgnu-forum-announce
>  dotgnu-forum-developers
>  dotgnu-forum-users

Can be deleted (the "DotGNU Forum" project never really got started).

>  dotgnu-general

Replaces the current address@hidden list.

>  dotgnu-libjit

Replaces the current address@hidden list.

>  dotgnu-libs-commits
>  dotgnu-libs-devel

Can be deleted.

>  dotgnu-pnet

Replaces the current address@hidden list.

>  dotgnu-pnet-commits

Replaces the current address@hidden list.

>  dotgnu-sc

Replaces the address@hidden list.
You have already updated the subscriber list.

>  dotgnu-see-devel

Can be deleted (the "DotGNU SEE" project never really got started).

exist), but the archives from beck when the address@hidden
list was sctive should be preserved.

>  help-dotgnu-forum
>  info-dotgnu-forum