dr-geo

Re: [Dr. Geo] how to use a input parameter in DrGeo SmalltalkSketch

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Dr. Geo] how to use a input parameter in DrGeo SmalltalkSketch
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 11:36:42 +0200

Hi David,

You can fetch the latest commit of DrGeo. I have implemented the issue #31 value defined by block. It results in much simpler Smalltalk sketch to write. See this example:

| f  ruler a |
f := DrGeoFigure new axesOn.
ruler := f float: 1.5 at: 0@0 from: 0 to: 10.
(f value: ruler parents: {} at: -2@4) name: 'value from a ruler'.
a := f value: [ruler value / 3].
f circleCenter: 0@0 radius: a

In the class DrGeoSketch you can browse the "value" method category to see the existing method.

Testing is more than welcome, I have not entirely tested it; for example when a value by block also receive parent parameters..

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo/