Re: [Dragora-users] dragora.org down (Sun Apr 24)

From: Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] dragora.org down (Sun Apr 24)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 11:30:29 +0300

On 05.05.2016 22:21, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
> I really appreciate this intention.  However, before you sent the
> proposition I was checking some providers and their prices.  It's when
> I found gnutransfer.com -- to my surprise I saw that they were offering
> a free gnu/linux distribution, and I discovered they are from the same
> Country (Argentina), these people has a colocation at cyberwurx.com
> (and they are supporters of free software), I told them about Dragora, I
> asked how much it could cost me what we need -- recently they wrote to
> tell me that they could offer the VPS without cost, with the condition
> of putting some banners in the page and to help them with suggestions.

This is absolutely great! I am very happy you were able to secure a
sponsorship for Dragora from a company specialized in server hosting.
Being in the same country (Argentina) and being supporters of GNU and
FSF, is even better!

> I hope not to break future possibilities between Dragora and Ceata with
> this decision.

Not at all, how could it be so. We only offered our help because $350
USD is a lot of money for a project so important (only independent
completely free distribution) yet so underfunded like Dragora.

> I really want to thank you, I am indebted to you since you (people
> of Ceata) came to Dragora performing Romanian translations, interviews,
> and now this!

Most part of these contributions to Dragora were made by an independent
project Ceata supports, GNUVideo.RO (http://gnuvideo.ro).

PS Could we maybe convince the people at GNUTRANSFER to use GNU/Linux
instead of Linux* everywhere on their website? And maybe add the GNU
logo next to Tux (Linux mascot)?

* "The best PRICE / PERFORMANCE rate on Linux Servers"

Thanks,
--
Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic | President, Fundația Ceata
GPG: 900CECE2 | Phone: +40-761-810-100

Support Free Software and Free Culture!
Join Ceata: https://ceata.org/join.ro.html