Re: [Dragora-users] Compiler with support for C++11

From: Lucas Sköldqvist
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Compiler with support for C++11
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 21:38:09 +0200

> Good morning!

Hi Daniel!

> I'm trying to build Poedit (Gettex Translations Editor) but it seems that
> the g++ compiler version installed doesn't support some features for C++11.
>
> Is it possible to update it?

What I have done to be able to build newer applications that require newer
libraries on Dragora is to have them installed in /opt, separated from the
main system. This way I can have the old gcc, glibc, libpng, from Dragora,
so that old applications work, and build newer applications again the compiler
and libraries in /opt. I have gcc 5.3.0 but any version should be possible.

I will try building poedit tonight and either if you want a package or some
instructions to do it yourself.

Everything is possible on Dragora :-)