Re: [Dragora-users] Log in problem in Dragora 2.2 on Tehnoetic T400

From: Lucas Sköldqvist
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Log in problem in Dragora 2.2 on Tehnoetic T400
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:36:54 +0200

Hi tct,

> A customer of Tehnoetic T400 preinstalled with Libreboot and Dragora
> GNU/Linux-libre (version 2.2) reports that sometimes he can't log in the
> system (Xfce DE) when the laptop is not charging (but the battery is
> charged).
>
> All he can see is the prompt and mouse pointer (arrow). Please see
> screenshot: https://framapic.org/kFnZ7iuodr3R/dbSEeeXTho6w.jpg
>
> Any ideas what could be the problem or how we can find the problem?
> We're interested in a fix or a workaround. Thanks in advance for your help!

I had some issues on the T430 where the system hanged every few days. I
upgraded the kernel to a higher version in the 3 series and the issues
went away. We could try to find the issue but an easy way to rule out
certain things is to try a newer kernel.

I had other graphics issues (intel) where upgrading kernel solved them.

Some questions:

  * Does the cursor move?

  * Does the keyboard respond? Is the person able to switch to another
    tty by press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to F3?

  * Is the system setup to start xdm on boot?

Logs from dmesg and Xorg would be interesting.

We should offer additional kernel versions for people to try
out. Dragora 2.2 is built on the 3.2 series but I will build some
additional kernels for people to try out. They should be available
before the weekend, I'll send an email to this list.