Re: [Dragora-users] First try at D3 recipe

From: Alan Beadle
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] First try at D3 recipe
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 18:42:32 -0400

Matías,

> The init/service script must be done using the rules for perp[1].

I will look into that, but it would still be nice to have some
examples for style. I suppose if I get around to it I'll write a
script and send it to the list for critique (Or if you write one, I'll
use it as an example for future ones that I write).

> You are the author of the recipe, use Copyright year/name/email.

I was meaning to ask about that. Some projects request that
contributions to certain components be placed under copyright of the
chief maintainer for logistical reasons.

> The 'install' command is valid, but this is a non-standard command.

I will take a note of that.

> Are you sure that the CRONTAB group must be part of the "users" group?.

This option defines which users are allowed to edit their own
crontabs. This seems like a reasonable default.

> Question, the installation (result) includes the "run-parts" script?.

Yes. This is used to run everything in a directory. It can be useful,
and it is provided in the "extra" directory of the tarball as
"run-cron". It seems reasonable to include it in the package since it
is used by the default crontab to run the hourly/daily/weekly/monthly
tasks. I also just noticed that I messed up the directory names for
those directories. I will send a corrected version later when I get
around to it, hopefully tonight.

-Alan