Re: [Dragora-users] Dragora system requirements

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Dragora system requirements
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:04:38 -0300

Hello,

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 14:49:50 +0200 (CEST)
address@hidden wrote:

> I am a newcomer, usually use Trisquel GNU-Linux in my computers, but
> I am curious of this free (as in freedom) o.s. and would like to know
> what are the minimum system requirements for running Dragora on a
> very old HP Pavilion zv5000 (year 2003, AMD 64 1 core 2 GHz, 2GB
> RAM), because I do not see the response to the same question in the
> FAQ section. Thank you in advance.

2GB is more than enough to run Dragora (v2.2) or any later version.
Note that the latest stable version is from 2012, it haven't received
updates or security upgrades in long time, it can do the job anyway.

I'm sorry that you do not find the right information, as many of you
know, Dragora is mostly the work of one man.  (I have to find the time
to re-establish the work on the documentation for the distro/website.).
A new version is coming, if you want to wait to try it...

Also, I suggest checking this site[1], which contains a database for
hardware compatible with the free gnu/linux distributions.

[1] http://www.h-node.com

Thanks for your interest,
Matías