Re: [Dragora-users] Qi 1.1 released

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Qi 1.1 released
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 12:37:20 -0300

On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:44:53 +0200
Antonio Diaz Diaz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Matías Fonzo wrote:
> > I am pleased to announce the release of qi 1.1.
>
> Congratulations on the new release.

Thanks, Antonio!

> > Changes in version 1.1:
> >
> >      * Default external tool for uncompressing files based
> > on .tar.lz archives has been changed in the unpack() function from
> > tarlz(1) to lzip(1) in combination with tar(1).  This is because
> > some files could have been produced using a header format that
> > differs from the default format used by tarlz(1), e.g. the GNU
> > format (by GNU tar).
>
> This seems the best way to deal with the fact that GNU tar and other
> tars do not create POSIX archives by default.

Yes.  This increases the chances that an external tarball source can be
decompressed, for example a source that has been packaged using the
(default) GNU tar format and compressed with lzip.  Note: this does not
affect the (binary) packages produced by Qi that are based on the POSIX
format (thanks to tarlz).

For when the next version?.  ;-)