Re: [Dragora-users] Some issues with the Dragora website

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Some issues with the Dragora website
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:02:43 -0300

El 2019-11-13 09:07, Michael Siegel escribió:
Am 12.11.19 um 22:39 schrieb Matias Fonzo:
The directory "ISOs" refers to files ending with the extension .iso,
along with checksums.  This is capitalized respecting the nomenclature plus the "s" was added to imply that it can be in plural (more than one
image).

There should be other people's opinions in case they are confused or do not understand it as to try to change it or add more information about
it, I guess.

Sure.

A few more thoughts on this from my side:

I think that adding an “s” to indicate a plural there is unnecessary. I mean, “ISOs” is more of a sloppy plural for “ISO images” or “ISO files”,
isn't it? Also, I'm pretty sure the future manual will clearly state
where to get Dragora installation images from, so you probably won't
have a lot of people wandering around in the rsync repository and
wondering where to find them.

Additionally, if ISO is referring to the file format, which it is, it
should better not be pluralized, IMO. Debian, for example, has its page
about CD and DVD images at https://www.debian.org/CD/, which is
reasonable because it refers to the format or kind of the medium. I'd
say the same holds for ISO images.

Yes, I think we can rename it to "iso-images" or "releases", what do you
say?.

It's kind of a tricky question. I think I would not go for “releases”
because a Dragora release encompasses more than the collection of ISO
images in that directory, doesn't it? So, if I had to choose one of the
above, it would be “iso-images”. I would just shorten it to “iso”, but
that's not really worth arguing about, I'd say.

Now, I've had another look at the structure of the repository at
http://rsync.dragora.org/ and it seems a bit odd to me that the
directory containing the ISO images for 3.0 is not inside the “v3”
directory. I think it would, maybe, make more sense to have it in there
instead of putting it next to “v3” in the top-level directory. Well, it
depends on how you're using “v3”. If it's going to be used throughout
the 3.x release series (which I guess it is), keeping the ISO image
directory out of it makes sense.

It's all right what you say. I just moved the iso images to the "v3/iso" directory. The index on the page now points to http://rsync.dragora.org/current/iso

Thank you!  :-)