Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 18:18:04 -0300

El 2022-05-13 13:51, DustDFG escribió:
Hello!

I started to get confused in a lot of ghosts of previous messages so I
decided to delete them

The package names will look to something like (sorry, I am not at
Dragora right now):

     kmod_29_amd64+1@kernel.tlz
     kernel-buildtree-generic_5.16.18_amd64+1@kernel.tlz
     kernel-generic_5.16.18_amd64+3@essential.tlz (with the category
renamed)

I wanted to say that we will give:

category/package-name

essential/kernel-generic (now at kernel category)
essential/kernel-headers (now at kernel category)
essential/firmware (now at kernel category)

kernel/buildtree-generic
kernel/kmod

I don't think that it is a so good idea but what do you think about making
the kernel category as subcategory for essential?

Sounds good, the subcategory can be package_name@essential_kernel.tlz and we don't need add more code, except for those third-party tools that tries to guess the second category.

We can also use a prefix, "linux-" for all the kernel series:
linux-kmod.., linux-kernel...

I am not sure but it sounds good. I can also propose the linux-libre-
prefix but it is too long...

Actually, it is better. Dragora is the first distribution to fully adopt linux-libre back in 2008, so it never hurts to always give credit to linux-libre. ;-)