Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 18:38:02 -0300

El 2022-06-03 23:52, DustDFG escribió:
On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 4:46 PM Matías Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

El 2022-06-03 04:47, DustDFG escribió:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 6:49 PM Matías Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:
>>
>> El 2022-06-02 09:29, DustDFG escribió:
>> > Hello Matias!
>> >
>> > I apologize for coming back to this

>> > What do you think the rootfs must contain?
>>
>> The rootfs can contain whatever the final system produces, usually
>> everything (packed in a tar.gz).
>>

> It will be a big file. Why not tarlz?

Because tar/gzip is more widely supported, and some laptops
(Chromebooks, if I'm not mistaken) only support this format (to be
loaded in a SD card), I don't know if other formats are supported.

> I also want to ask you about temporary system. Can we pack it like a
> cross-compiler?

I don't recommend it, since they contain the hard-coded paths to fulfill its purpose, a prior step ensuring that the final system build will not
be contaminated by host system stuff.

Is it only tools directory?

Yes, exactly. This does not represent a running system (with a kernel image, etc.) but it is about temporary tools to build the final system.