Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: flexible script to create different images
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 13:14:12 -0300

El 2022-06-06 11:43, DustDFG escribió:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 3:04 PM DustDFG <dfgdust@gmail.com> wrote:

[..]

It seems to me that gcc has linker option -rpath...

Ok. I didn't think -rpath won't have sense.

That linker option is for ld(1).

First of all, I want to say that I understand why we need tmp system
but I can't understand where it depends on something that we can't
pack like darkcrusade.

After processing stage 1 we get tmp system that depends on itself
only. Yes, we need host system to run it (with chroot) but we can move
it to another system. It is self-contained like darkcrusade compilers.
Where am I wrong?

It is not as per se as darkcrusade, because the purpose differs, but if it is true that it tries to be self-contained; this could change, if Binutils (for example) introduces something that needs to be dynamic instead of static, by which I mean that up to here or so far the temporal system is built as static. In this sense, I see darkcrusade as more independent.

While the temporary system could be packaged and distributed in order to save time in building it (stage 1), it implies more work for us, at the same time it can kill the possibility that other people build it under other hardware, system and different versions in order to get bug reports...