Re: [Dragora-users] Different sets of dependencies for build and for run

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Different sets of dependencies for build and for runtime
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 09:15:22 -0300

El 2022-06-30 15:01, DustDFG escribió:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 1:10 PM Matías Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

El 2022-06-30 01:37, DustDFG escribió:
> Hello!
>
> Each program has two sets of dependencies. The first set of
> dependencies is dependencies that we need for building this package.
> The second set of dependencies is dependencies that we need to work
> with this package at runtime. So I want to know what set of
> dependencies we use at core files and why.

Dependencies are satisfied for the build, which are usually made to work
at runtime, if there is any runtime requirement for the correct
operation of a program, this is also tried to be satisfied.  Always on
the build side.

Sometimes build dependency isn't runtime dependency. For example cmake
(for libjson-c), compiler ...

It is a prerequisite for its build, i.e. a build system used by the subsequent software, which must be provided beforehand.

Ideally I would like to provide such build systems (apart from GNU make) in the temporary system, but for now I consider it too much.