Re: [Dragora-users] Installation with Hyper-V

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Installation with Hyper-V
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:24:31 -0300

Hello Yevhen,

El 2023-04-08 03:09, Yevhen Babiichuk escribió:
So.... Maybe, it is a time to release alpha version of Dragora 4.0
(with iso images). Why not to release it just with "alpha" tag? It
could be very useful for those who wants to try the last version even
if it isn't stable now.

I am working on it, trying to finalize the details. It should be ready soon, it's not that I'm a turtle in terms of not rushing to release a version, it's just that making and maintaining a distribution has become complex. For example, it is no longer the same in terms of smoothness (compared to the past); to put an analogy, it is like maintaining a house, but with the frequency that if something breaks you have to fix it, after fixing it the next day something else breaks, you fix it and again something else breaks. That's how complex the software world has become in the name of progress.

Anyway, and for the moment, I try not to give up.

Thanks,
Matías

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 9:44 PM Matías Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

Hello Stevax,

El 2023-04-07 13:46, Stevax escribió:

> I've tried to install Dragora 3.0-beta1 in a Hyper-V-VM.
>
> I was able to boot the live-system, to change the keyboard to german,
> to activate gpm for the mouse, to create a dos (or anothertime gpt)
> partition, was able to start dragora-installer, but everytime I tried
> to format the partition I got an I/O-Error.

Sounds good, except for the I/O-error.

> Even if I try to format manually with mkfs.ext3 (or similar mkfs) I
> got this I/O-Error.
>
> Is it possible to install Dragora to a Hyper-V-VM?

Have you tried under VirtualBox or Qemu?. There is also the possibility that it is the kernel version and configuration of the moment, currently
Dragora has a newer kernel version and with a better configuration for
VM support.