Re: [Duplicity-talk] Batch option of SCP?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Batch option of SCP?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:19:26 -0800

  K> I am trying to incorporate duplicity into a batch upload of a
  K> very large server volume to another volume.  It works perfectly,
  K> except... duplicity splits the volumes into these 50MB files,
  K> which is fine, actually it's kinda slick, what I dislike is
  K> entering a password each time.

The trick is setting up ssh so it doesn't ask you for your passphrase
each time.  Check out 'man ssh-add' and 'man ssh-agent' - they are the
utilities included in the openssh package to do what you want.  There
are probably also many HOWTOs out there.  Once you get that setup you
only need to enter each passphrase once whenever you log in.

    Or if security isn't an issue, a simpler way is just to set your
passphrase to an empty string.

--
Ben Escoto