[Duplicity-talk] errors/warnings even if restore seems ok

From: Karl Scalet
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] errors/warnings even if restore seems ok
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:04:26 +0200

First, thnx for duplicity. We are very happy having found duplicity, as it exactly fits our needs, say, backing up to a system where others have root permission.

As it is always a good idea to check the restore procedure,
I ran into the following warnings/errors when doing so:

gpg: WARNING: --honor-http-proxy ist eine missbilligte Option
(in english: ....is a disapproved option)
Bitte benutzen Sie stattdessen "--keyserver-options honor-http-proxy"
(in english: rather use ...)

--and--

Error '[Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '<dir-to-restore>/<a-file>" processing <a-file>

Also, several binary files like @11267.11, ... are created in the <restore-dir>

Nonetheless, the results look correct. All files in my test-directory seems to
be restored correctly.

gpg version is 1.0.7, duplicity 0.4.0, are those mismatching?

Is it just to ignore the errors/warnings? or are there better solutions,

Many thanks for any hints,

Karl