Re: [Duplicity-talk] Looking for USB pen-drive -> CD based backup system

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Looking for USB pen-drive -> CD based backup system
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:26:31 -0700

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:06:35 +0200 Steinar Bang <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm looking for a backup system that can satisfy the following usage
> pattern:
>
>  Let me take a full backup on a a 512MB flash pen drive, and let me
>  add deltas until it's full.  When the pen drive's full, I would like
>  to make an ISO file and burn a CD, clear the flash drive, and start
>  with a new full backup, followed by new deltas.
>
>  I would like the resulting CDs to be self contained.  Ie. I would
>  like to easily access any file on any day, without having to look at
>  additional CDs.
>
> Can Duplicity fit this bill?

It sounds like it might, although you would have to use another
utility to burn the drive onto CD.  Also you don't mention whether you
would need your backups encrypted.  If not, then just about any backup
system would do.  You could just use tar for instance (although that
wouldn't keep track of deleted files).

--
Ben Escoto